Celestion - CF1840H 1000W 4ohm - LF Die Cast Chassis Loudspeaker - Ferrite
- 18" ferrite magnet, cast aluminium chassis LF driver delivering 1000Wrms (AES Standard) power handling and 98dB sensitivity
- 4" high temperature, dual layer, Inside/Outside voice coil for higher efficiency, preventing performance loss through thermal compression
- Triangulated coil reinforcement increases stiffness with no additional moving mass, thereby increasing sensitivity, while maintaining a long Xmax
- Finite element analysis optimised magnet assembly delivers remarkably low harmonic distortion and very high motor strength
- Smart chassis design minimises reflections back onto the cone, significantly reducing acoustic distortion
- Intelligent heat management in both chassis and magnet assembly design offers increased output level
Nominal diameter: 457mm/18in
Power rating(1): 1000Wrms
Continuous power rating(2): 2000W
Nominal impedance: 4ohm
Frequency range: 30-2500Hz
Voice coil diameter: 100mm/4in
Chassis type: Cast aluminium
Magnet type: Ferrite
Magnet weight: 3.18kg/112oz
Coil material: Round copper
Former material: Glass fibre
Cone material: Carbon-fibre loaded paper
Surround material: Cloth sealed
Gap depth: 9.5mm/0.37in
Voice coil winding width: 25mm/0.99in
Small Signal Parameters
Le (at 1kHz): 0.24mH
Overall diameter: 460mm/18.11in
Overall depth: 220.35mm/8.68in
Cut-out diameter: 414mm/16.29in
Mounting slot dimensions: 12mm x 7mm/0.43in-0.28in
Number of mounting slots: 8
Mounting PCD range: 441-433mm/17.36-17.01in
Unit weight: 11.6kg/25.5lb
(1)Tested for two hours using a continuous, band-limited pink noise signal as per AES standard. Power calculated on minimum impedance. Loudspeaker tested in free air.
(2)Continuous Power Handling is defined as 3dB greater than the AES rating.
(3)Measured on axis at 1W, 1m in 2pi anechoic environment.
(4)Xmax derived from: (voice coil winding width-gap depth)/2.
(5)Small signal parameters measured after unit subjected to pre-conditioning signal.